It seems like each gastric surgeon tells their patients something different and I thought maybe we should compare. Below are things my doctor told me to do or not to do after the band.
1. Wait for 30 minutes to drink before or after a meal.(I just wait 30 minutes after a meal)
2. Don't take any pain reliever other than tylenol for the rest of your life.
3. No more coffee just decaf (suppose to be an appetite stimulant)
4. No more soda
5. Get 60 - 65 grams of protein a day
6. Get 64 ounces of water/crystal light a day
7. No straws ( I personally hate this rule and would like to formally object)
8. eat protein first
9. limit starches
10. take vitamins, vitamin D and caltrate daily
Did I miss any? Are your rules like the ones I got from my doctor?