Just how much have I lost?

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Houston, we have restriction!

For the first time I can say I have restriction. Yes that last fill certainly did something.
On Friday I was on mushy food so nothing that day. Saturday I wake up made myself some eggs and turkey sausage. I had maybe 2 bites of my eggs and felt like someone stuck a knife in between my boobs. I waited a minute took a little drink which I never do anymore when eating and felt no relief. So I spent the next 10 minutes walking around my dining room table beating on my chest trying to produce a burp. It was painful and scary. Needless to say that was the end of breakfast. I was fine for lunch but dinner was the same. And let me tell you when I had a piece of cheese, omg! I chewed really slow and my last bite I guess I didn't do such a great job. I almost fell to my knees it hurt so much. But 10 minutes later I was fine. My nose started to run and I did have quite a bit of spit in my mouth but I didn't throw up.

For the last few days I have decided a few things. One it is not worth the risk of feeling that way at breakfast. I have read enough blogs and posts from lapbandtalk.com that people are tighter in the morning. So I am just going to drink shakes for breakfast for a while. When I do I always hit my 60 grams of protein anyway. And second I started thinking that maybe food isn't going to be fun much longer. I mean if this is what is going to happen when I eat why even risk it. Which is good. I don't want food to be fun anymore, I don't want to think about all the things I could be eating anymore. Which I have noticed a big difference in, I don't think about food all the time, or where I can stop on the way home to pick up a quick snack. But when food is in front of me, I still struggle with stopping or even starting to eat it. With restriction maybe I won't have to wrestle with that anymore.

I did lose a few more pounds, but then today I bought a bag of m&m's and ate them all. No restriction there, and I just had some popcorn. I know why I ate more than normal today. I am stressed and wrestling with decisions about home, work and finishing my masters. And of course when stress pops up, I pop into the kitchen. It is a long struggle to beat this.

In other news, did you see the girl that had gastric bypass gained like most of her weight back? She has her own show now and was in people magazine. She was in that group of three girls back years ago. Can't think of her name. I just couldn't believe it. Did she stretch her stomach? That is one reason I opted for the band, I figured if I ever got out of control someone could just tighten me up and put me back on track.

Till next time my friends. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment