Just how much have I lost?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

unfill

me and hubby earlier this summer.


I finally went to the DR!!  It was the first time I saw my surgeon since my surgery 3 years ago.  Every time since then I have always seen the nurse practitioner.  I felt the need to thank him for giving me my life back.  He of course had no recollection of who I was but was nice about it.  He listened as I told him I needed an unfill.  When he asked why I said it was because I make way too many noises.  As I sat waiting for him and during the entire appt I made my gurgling noises.  It had been 2 hours since I drank anything.  But I did have a mint so maybe that is what made the noises start again? 

I also told him that I threw up the night before when I ate 4 bites of spaghetti.  I was so worried about him being mad at me for waiting to come in for an unfill as I told him it had been at least 6 months since I was feeling this tight.  When I told him part of the reason it took me so long to come in was due to my fear of gaining weight back he just nodded and agreed. I guess i am not the first person with that fear.  His response was, "Well you can stay tight and then gain weight because all you will do is drink and eat bad food"  I also told him I threw up a few times in my sleep.  Then he said well you need to come back in two weeks to make sure you are ok. 

He proceeded to take out 1 ml out of my band very quickly, just a little pinch.  This is the first time I ever had anything taken out of my band so I am used to two shots.  One to numb and one to fill.  Immediately the gurgling stopped, immediately.  It was amazing.  And then of course my first thought was cheese fries. I could really go for some cheese fries.  I didn't though.  I came home made some turkey with pasta and ate probably 2 large spoon fills.  Way more than I would have been able to eat before.  Followed by 2 cookies, and 3 handfuls of chips.  Pitiful I know, I am blaming it on me not eating enough today, and being on my period, and sort of trying the new band out for size. 

The goal tomorrow is to just drink drink drink.  I have not gotten down my liquids in probably8 months and I am hoping tomorrow I can drink what I need to so I don't feel hungry.  Oh that was something else.  At the doctors you had to fill out a questionnaire asking when you normally felt hungry and i realized I never felt hungry.  Head hungry yes, but physically hungry never.  I hope that doesn't change.  The questionnaire also asked how many times you ate chicken, fish, eggs, fried foods, noodles, rice, veggies, fruits, etc.  It made you really think about how badly I eat.

One other thing I am hoping this changes is the ability to lay down on one pillow instead of two and sleep on my stomach.  I can't wait for that to happen, I have slept on my side for way too long.

Guess that is it for today.  Excited about the possibilites of no longer making embarrasing noises all day!

1 comment: