Just how much have I lost?

Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

Just like the song says I was down today. Not really depressed, but major stress, and so what did I do? You guessed it eat. I had a great shake for breakfast, decided to have grilled cheese for lunch and a protein bar instead of the weight watcher meatloaf I packed. Then I had a 6 inch subway chicken sub for dinner. And about 5 minutes after dinner I decided to finish off the slice of pizza I saw in the fridge when I went to get the crystal light. I didn't eat the crust but does it really matter?
Then I figured my kids couldn't possibly finish all of their smores goldfish so I helped them do that. It's pretty bad when your 2 year old says " No more mommy" So I moved on to the rice krispy treat.

Finally I realized I needed to get out kitchen and get on the treadmill. After 32 minutes I was done and feeling better about being done my binge. While sweating my butt off I saw from the calendar I taped on the top of the treadmill I haven't been on it since March 15th. I guess I put off exercise as long as possible. I figured if I was losing weight why bother, but I think getting on it might keep me from eating too much. I don't know if my endorphins are soaring now but at least I feel productive.

Now I think the food caught up with me and I feel like I swallowed a sock. Like I said I really don't have restriction as I am eating, I only feel it much later almost too late.

Having the band has really made me look at and make more changes to why I eat. I don't eat when I am bored anymore, but obviously eating when I am stressed is still something I need to work on. I am also working on not eating in the car. I mean I remember one day i bought 50 donut holes. When I got home there were 10. So for all of you non math majors out there that means I ate 40 in a 10 minute ride back to my house. That is what you call mindless eating.

Baby steps is how I am taking my new banded life. I have a bad eating episode which makes me remember how far I have come, and then in the same thought how far I still have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment