Just how much have I lost?

Sunday, July 14, 2013

1 day till my tummy is tucked

Well I went to go get myself all marked up on Friday.  I was ready to do it, had my pretty panties on and everything.  But I got there and they said he was in surgery.  "Didn't I have a 3:00 appt?"  "Yes but his surgery is now.  I will check to see if he can still mark you today."

About 5 minutes later I go to another room and the Dr. comes in.  He says, "How about I just do it before the surgery on Tuesday?  You come to my office at 5:45 then go right to the hospital."

Ok, sounds like a plan.  Now I don't have to be all marked up for four days.  My only question was what happens if the hospital says I need to be at the hospital at 5:30?  He assured me all they do is tell you to come in early, hurry up, and then wait.  Mostly to make sure you aren't eating anything.  This is what he said would happen.
1. come to his office to get marked up 5:30
2. get to the hospital 6:15  (hospital is close to his office)
3. register
4. get de-robed and get an iv started.
5. talk to anesthesiologist
6. talk to my OB/GYN
7. go to the OR
8. go to sleep while they prep my body 8:00
9. Dr. starts hysterectomy 8:30
10. Finishes hysterectomy but doesn't close me up 9:30
11. Plastic surgeon starts reconstructing my belly
12. Lipo of outer thighs
13. Finishes surgery 2:30
14 I wake up quite sore and am groggy for the rest of the day will sleep most of day and night

That is it in a nutshell.  People have asked me if I am scared, no I'm not.  I know God is going to take care of me and he put me in the hands of these doctors for a reason.  I am not really worried about recovery too much either.  Yes I know it is going to hurt like hell but I watched so many people on youtube with their blogs that I think it eased my fears a bit. 

To be honest I am more concerned about how my lady parts are going to look under those bright lights.  I wanted to get another wax before I went in but that's 50 bucks and just a bit more than I want to spend.  So I did a little trim and shave and wonder if they will shave it all off when I get in the OR anyway.  I remember when I had my band put in they shaved my stomach.  Now I didn't think I had a hairy stomach but it was a little embarrassing.  I mean do it when I am asleep you know.  And that is the reason I am wondering will they trim while I am awake, or asleep, or at all.  My daughter says, don't worry about it mom you know there are a lot of people who had to look worse than you.  I guess that is a way to look at it. 

Till tomorrow my blog friends.  I'll be sure to take pictures and post as soon as I can.  I really want him to take a picture of all my fat he takes off.




1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Sending best wishes for a safe and successful surgery! Definitely ask your doc to take photos -- that would be so interesting.

    And, don't worry about the bikini situation. I once talked to my OBGYN about that, and she said that she never notices that -- she only would notice if someone came in with stinky feet! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete