Just how much have I lost?

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

not band related but a question and some thoughts

So I haven't been sleeping well for a while, I worry a lot, my mind is always racing.  Lately, well probably the last 6 months, I have had a short temper with my kids and anyone else that gets on my nerves.  Things that anyone else could just blow off I can't get over.  I'm on spring break and have a minute or two to call people.  I called the doctor and told her, she prescribed me a medicine to take at night to get a full nights sleep and then hopefully help with anxiety and maybe short fuse?

I took it last night for the first time and was out like a light in 40 minutes and slept the whole night.  Which is great I guess, I have been taking Tylenol pm for months but still waking up in the middle of the night. No real change in my thoughts or temperament today but it is only day one and it's a small dose.  I call her back in a month. 

Tomorrow I go to a family reunion for my grandmothers 90th birthday.  The last time I saw them I was a moose.  Taking the kids is going to be a challenge my daughter has FASD, fetal alcohol syndrome, severe ADHD and is probably somewhere on the autism spectrum. We adopted her and her sister from foster care.  Great kids but quite a challenge, you have no idea the problems that will surface when they place a little baby in your arms.   The worries I have about the plane are overwhelming with her.  I feel like I need to apologize to everyone in advance around me for how loud and antsy she is going to be. (and that is on meds)  I saw online somewhere where parents gave candy and note to passengers around them in advance for crying babies I was thinking about doing something similar for us.  Not going into detail just saying it was her first plane ride and i don't know if she will be scared or not etc. 
Whatcha think?

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope the trip goes smoothly. That's really cute, the candy and note. I think that's a great idea. Getting good rest will really make a difference in every aspect of life, just give it a little time. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete