Just how much have I lost?

Monday, October 18, 2010

a few things I've noticed

I can't eat what I normally would like to, I can't order what I want when I pull through the local fast food restaurants, I don't enjoy food as much as I did which at some times I sort of miss since so much of my life revolved around food before the band.

However I was thinking of how things have changed for the better.
For the first time in probably 10 years my husband can put his arms all the way around me.
For the first time in probably 15 years he just out of the blue gives me a compliment.
I can tie my shoes without having to open my legs to give room for my stomach.
I can jog up the stairs and not be out of breath.
I can fit in a car and not have to move the seat down to fit my legs under the steering wheel.
I can shop on the regular side of Cato.
I get compliments from my co-workers for the first time ever.
Men hold doors open for me when I go into a store. No lie they would just walk in front of me and close them before.

Now with all that being said I still am a big girl. I am still just a few pounds away from 200 and in the obese catagory. I still have what seems like a lot of weight to lose since it is coming off so slowly now. But I think of how far I have come and how much I appreciate the changes in my life and sometimes it makes the longing for bellying up to a buffet just a little bit easier to take.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love finding those new wonderful parts of life as a "skinny" girl. Celebrate every success!

    ReplyDelete